Friday, July 17, 2015

Mars Gallery








The other week I circled around the West Loop for what felt like an hour search of Mars Gallery. To my oblivion, it was seated right next to a sandwich shop I've fancied called Jupiter Sandwiches. Clever.

I climbed the flight of stairs and was approached by a wall of differently sized paint brushes organized in a pleasing fashion along the wall.

Here I was expecting this super open, airy gallery, but Mars was rather cramped and disorderly. It looked as though they were setting up for a party or cleaning up from one, nonetheless, there wasn't much space for the art but rather multiple offices. 

I will say, some pieces were very cool. I enjoyed the classic, American icons, if you will, that had been transformed in a "pop art" kind of way, yet, the frames remained conservative and traditional allowing for a nice contrast effect.

Also, sorry for my slight hiatus. I've been a tad busy lately (which is no excuse) but it's just been hard to motivate myself to write. Expect regular posts from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment