Saturday, June 6, 2015

BTS at Graduation


Oh hello there.

Been a little MIA the past week due to finals studying procrastinating. 

HAVE NO FEAR. I'm back.

On Sunday, March 31 I popped into New Trier's graduation and snapped some amazing shots for the newspaper.

Originally I said yes anticipating bad dresses, sweaty bodies crowded amongst each other, and being surrounded by faces I didn't know. Only one of the three things reigned true. Dresses were only semi-ugly, no one was sweaty (!!), and sure I didn't know half the faces but that made it all the more fun.

Shooting something like this was interesting because I'm a whole grade younger; I'll be in the exact same position next year. I basically got a preview of what high school graduation is like. The verdict? So much fun. Everyone looked so happy, like, genuinely happy. The energy of the room was tangible.

My shots turned out great. The one above is from my iPhone but hopefully I can snag a couple and post them at a later date. The second photo was taken by Camille, my co opinion's editor who also came along. Totally candid, total luck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment