Friday, June 19, 2015

The Perfect Blend (for some people)

I wish I was one of those girls who could drink a smoothie for breakfast and be satisfied. But I'm not. 

I typically eat two pieces of Ezekiel bread with soy nut butter. Not one piece like I should be having, two. Whatever. It's not unhealthy by any means.

What the ideal me would eat what's pictured above. Blitzed together strawberries, blueberries, and half a banana with half a cup of water and it made for the most delicious morning snack. I say "snack" because about an hour after that I ate a protein bar... and then probably a spoonful of peanut butter. Oops. 

Anyway, I feel like this smoothie was great, yet, I'm the type of person who loves snacking on fruits or vegetables in the afternoon in replace of crackers. However, when I drink a smoothie, I feel like I'll OD on sugar (and carbs) in the afternoon when I go to grab a handful of raspberries.

So the morning smoothie isn't for me. I'll just stick to my toast and soy nut butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment