Monday, April 6, 2015

Book Worm





Reading has been on my mind lately. 

I read about 4 books a year and they're primarily school related, meanwhile, in the back of my head I yearn for more. There is this feeling of gratitude that is irreplaceable when you finish a great book. 

I recently read the title "How to be Parisian" and absolutely loved it. I really can't say anything bad about it. The book is written by 4 best friends (one of whom is Caroline De Maigret - one of my many style icons) and divulges into "advice" and stories on fashion, beauty, romance, children, and entertainment, to name a few categories. The cover is light hearted and a quick read, too, so it's likely you will not get bored.

Ultimately, I felt 10x chicer whilst reading it. Although I am not french, I am snobby... I feel like I could get along well over there.

Anyway, "It" by Alexa Chung (another fav style icon) has been on my reading list for a while now. Whether the writing is good or not, I'm just in it for the cat eye tutorial (made famous by Chung, of course).

Oh, and that "Little Book of Beauty" might be one of the cheesiest things to have ever crossed my path. Not sure if it's FEM club, Pep club, or just some random girl, but these little books popped up in the bathroom not too long ago and I was lucky enough to snag one. It's filled with misspelled words and Pinterest like self motivating quotes such as, "Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself" -Coco Chanel.

Made me laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment