Sunday, April 19, 2015

This Dress

I bought this with the intentions to wear it to an event in the near future. The event? My brothers graduation. Yes. You read that correctly. This fabulous number isn't even for an event of my own. 

Nonetheless, I love it and cannot wait to wear it, so much so that I threw it on for my own personal enjoyment the other night. It's lankiness and spaghetti straps give this elongated feel. The dress perfectly rests on my shoulders and floats on my body, barely making notice of any slight imperfections. 

The detailing on the upper half give an otherwise boring dress a bit of edge. The lace against the silk is sultry and can easily transition into pajamas (sans heels). 

Buying items that you know you don't have to wear until a few months from now is motivating in a sense. If you know you want to look good and feel good in a week, there's a subconscious push factor into going to the gym! 

So maybe we need objects to motivate ourselves. Maybe those objects can be really pretty, dainty things. Will I look like the slutty older sister at my brothers graduation? Maybe. The hem will subside for the fact that I won't wear a bra.


No comments:

Post a Comment