Thursday, April 9, 2015

Looking Back on the Snow





As spring slowly starts rolling in, I can't help but look back on winter. The truth is, I hate the cold; summer can't come any sooner. But rather than dwelling on the negative, I figured I'd share some beauty that I managed to find amongst the harsh winter. 

My late dog's and I would go for long walks at least every weekend. Wait, let's take a step back. Yes, both my labs, Brady and Cooper, pasted away this winter. It was heart breaking and I'm only now coming to the realization.

Anyway, on these long walks the sun was shining and I was most likely listening to a good tune, resulting in grins from ear to ear, from me and the dogs. 

Will I miss the cold? Hell no. Layers of clothing? Maybe not. My beloved dogs that made walks feel meaningful and brought my family closer together? Of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment