Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Lakeside Ride


On Sunday, in an effort to jump start a healthy exercise routine and hopefully shed some calories, my dad and I ventured off into a 25 miles bike ride. It was a gorgeous day and the weather was perfect and we road past the lake which ultimately was the highlight of my day.

Going outside and working out, even just walking or sitting, is something I try to take advantage of as much as possible. There's something about getting in the sunlight that is very empowering. You feel stronger and healthier just for being in nature, whether that is in your front lawn or in a forrest preserve. The wind, natural light, and warmth sends this burst of energy through your body and you can't help but smile.

Staying in touch with the earth is difficult, no less. If you live in a cold weather climate like I do, nice days are limited and going outside is a chore. Nonetheless, I completely take advantage of them when they do appear. 

Living by the lake is such a luxury and I'm grateful for that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment