Sunday, August 2, 2015

An Experiment


I decided to get my makeup done the other day. 

The fact that this thought even came to mind is very out of character for me. The result: tears. 'Tears' is an understatement. The minute I walked out of Nordstrom's doors, I had a full on meltdown.

The thing is, I never where too much makeup to begin with. A little concealer under my eyes and a dot or two on blemishes, a few swipes of drugstore eye shadow (I like Almay palette's), and a flick of mascara is all my "routine" calls for. Never have I been one of those girls who cakes on foundation, let alone buys foundation. 

When I stepped up to the MAC counter, I immediately knew I had made a mistake. When the woman doing your makeup can't even figure it out for her own face, you turn around and run. 

But, I stayed and let her put white eyeshadow on my dark, deep set eyes, use an orange hued foundation that felt like my face couldn't even feel the wind outside, and she ignored my brows arch all together leaving me with caterpillars. The picture post-meltdown doesn't do it justice.

Anyway, now I know. Actually, I knew but now I'm sure. The photo above are the purchases I left with. Maybe I'll post an update on that pretty palette and pretend to be a beauty vlogger;)

No comments:

Post a Comment