Friday, August 7, 2015

What Makes You Happy?

What makes people happy? Money? Food? Clothes? All of those things are tangible and materialistic, yet, if we're being realistic, it can be easy to find happiness through those mediums. 

However, in my mind, happiness is a feeling that comes and goes throughout the day. I don't think you can constantly possess this, but when you've got it, it feels good. 

The photo above was taken after an evening hot yoga sculpt class at Core Power. Adrenaline was still running high from my sweat session and this mailbox was a great reflection of how I felt at that moment. 

Other things that make me happy besides killing it at the gym include but are not limited to: being in the sun, cooking and consuming a delicious and healthy meal, finding a cool store, fresh sheets on a tightly made bed, warm tea, magic hour (when the sun is low and leaves the lighting outside picturesque), and sitting in a park with a good book. 

For me, it's the mundane, little things in life that put a smile on my face. To be honest, I think it's impossible to feel joyful all day. It's sometimes just a short 10 seconds, like when you watch a child laugh. 

The Atlantic made a video about 'What is Happiness'. Check it out below:

No comments:

Post a Comment