Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Taco [salad] Tuesday


It wasn't until a littler over a year ago that I tried (and liked) avocado. A little before that, I hated (then learned to love) tomatoes. Oh, and Mexican food? It's only been a year since I began to like love it. I wasn't a picky eater, but I had my preferences. 

Nowadays, my salads are never complete without the two aforementioned foods and taco Tuesday never goes uncelebrated. Okay, I don't eat Mexican every Tuesday, but it's definitely a staple in our family.

Since cutting out wheat, making alternative has been really easy. A taco salad is the perfect swap for a carb loaded burrito shell or two... or three (that was the old me!). 

Above I placed fajita vegetables, ground turkey, lettuce, and fresh salsa over a portion of brown rice and ate it Tuesday and then brought the leftovers to work for lunch the next day. That's the best part about TT, it's even better Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment