Thursday, August 6, 2015

Geocaching 101


 I babysit almost every weekend. It's quick cash, the girls are adorable, and it's pretty fun... sometimes. I'm the type of person who likes to constantly be moving or doing something productive throughout my day. I also really enjoy sitting by the pool or watching a show in bed, but when it comes to babysitting I always gravitate towards activities that exert a ton of energy while putting a smile of everyone's faces. 

I think it's important for the babysitter to also be having a good time for the hour or two they're hanging with those 12 and under. Whenever I get involved, my positive energy is translated to the kids and everyone has 10x more fun. 

While babysitting for Rebecca (3rd grade going on 5th), I suggested we ride our bikes to the beach. Once we got there, she exclaimed, "Let's go geocaching!" I had heard of it before but never did it occur to me that you could just pick up and go.

I downloaded the free app and we were off. We found the first cache within a few minutes and screamed and cheered with glee as we rode around town and found 2 more. 

The activity was fun, stress free, and felt adventurous because some caches are hidden in wildlife preserves that I wouldn't have ventured through otherwise. I highly suggest you try this with kids or friends, there's no age limit!

No comments:

Post a Comment