Friday, August 7, 2015

What I Eat in a Day

Breakfast
I woke up feeling like I wanted something sweet so, rather than my usual fried eggs and turkey bacon combo, I went for soy nut butter spread thinly onto a rice cake with sliced banana. Definitely curbs a sweet tooth and will hold you over until lunch for longer than you think.

Lunch
Like I said, breakfast will hold you off until lunch... but, once lunch arrives, you might be starving. I was at least! I grilled a few strips of boneless, skinless chicken with salt, pepper, and the juice of 1/2 a lemon and threw that on top of spinach (2 handfuls), garbanzo beans, edamame, cherry tomatoes, shredded carrot, and sliced avocado. It was so filling so there was no need to snack in between lunch and dinner!

Dinner
My family was making burger's for dinner and I can't pass up a good burger. However, I can pass the unnecessary bun. Instead of 'accessorizing' my plate with carbs, I went for grilled vegetables. 


Yesterday's meals were pretty typical: small breakfast, huge lunch, and a normal sized dinner. Every meal consisted of protein, fats, and carbs (beans: seen in lunch and off camera in dinner are a great source). In my opinion, it doesn't get more balanced than that!

No comments:

Post a Comment