Monday, August 10, 2015

Change is Good





I cut my hair! 9 inches to be exact. 

This summer, I've grown my hair to longest it's been in a while. The layers were outgrown and towards the end, my everyday hair style would turn into a messy side braid. My hair was still buoyant with volume and texture but I just needed a change. 

I've done 'short' before but never a little bob like this. I think it's fun without being pristine (let's be real, I can never be pristine); it's edgy but still girly. Kind of the perfect balance, if you ask me.

The color is a little lighter too. I'm sold on the subtle ombre look and had gotten it done with long hair, yet, it feels much more dramatic on shorter hair. I like it either way.

In terms of maintenance, everyone always boasts about how low maintenance short hair can be. So far, and please note, I'm writing this 2 days into the cut, I've had to style it more than usual. What I've done thus far is air dry it or set a blow dryer to it for a few minutes. Then I flat iron just the ends of my hair and curl the body of my hair. It's not difficult but hopefully I'll learn some tricks along the way.

The photos above are all inspiration shots I collected the week leading up to the chop. Evidently, the main source of inspiration came from this video of the gorgeous Jenna Dwan Tatum dancing. Flip your hair girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment