Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Dog Days

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


This past weekend my mom and I took care of our friend Cindy's dog Raleigh. I also took care of another friend's dog named Oliver. 

Here's the thing: taking care of dogs for a short period of time is great. You get a friend and a little exercise for a day or two but the responsibility isn't permanent. On the other hand, no dog will ever be as great as your own. 

In our case, our late dogs Brady and Cooper. They died this past winter and are so irreplaceable you could only understand if you had met them yourself. The had such amazing, smart, affectionate personalities that bare uncanny resemblance to a human. We used to joke that they were half human. 

I'm not saying Raleigh and Oliver were bad to hang out with, they just don't have those tangible personalities that my dogs had.

I miss you Brady and Cooper.

No comments:

Post a Comment